Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CINDY AND SANTA IN THE GARAGE


I have been tucked away in my garage alot this last month. You see, Santa and I had some business to attend too. I am creating a new toy room for my grandchildren. Hey, it's Christmas and Christmas is meant to children. The room is Tan/White, Black/White and Brown/Pink. The window has 3 inch wood blinds and a dark brown sheer hanging from a brown metal rod. They puddle on the floor and I will probebly puff them up a bit. I changed two cubboard doors into pink chalk boards. I also found this vinyl picture of a charm braclet saying "It's a Charmed Life". I haven't heard that saying for a very long time.

We all live such a charmed life. We are so very blessed.

Had to have a coat rack, painted brown. However, coats get taken off at the door, we will probably make aprons to hang on it.

We are honored to be able to use Uncle Dallin's toy box (1980). We will have to give it back to him at some point though.

A peek into the room from the door.

This is the childs hutch I found at a yard sale this summer, (1950's) I love how it painted up. I'm still hanging the doors. The dishes are new.

A new crystel pink drawer pull.

I found this 1930's doll high chair in California this summer. It's perfect for sweet Estelle.

This cradle (1930's) came from the same antique store in California.

I've showed you this table and chairs before, they have a new look, dark brown, with the same table top as my father put on there in the 1950"s.

Wicker is so comforting. I got this at Aunt Elsie's it's probably in the 1980's. It was lavendar, now it's pink.

Everyone should have an inspiration board, don't you think? I finally made a couple.


I wanted one of these for my Hudson (18 months). Found it at Michaels.

Oh, do you have to leave? Be sure and come an play again some day.

The first initial of my 8 grandchildren's names are on the door.

12 comments :

  1. I love it! I wondered about those initials on the door. Thought it was some sort of secret code. Maybe they should have to say every name before they're allowed to enter. :) Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The initials were such a wonderful idea!!! Love the room, and I know many happy hours will be spent in there. Thanks so much for joining me for Pearls and Lace Thursday! I'm now a new follower!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't my comments go through? I wanted to
    know what the G was for on the door? And where
    is the O for Owen?
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been quite busy! It all looks SO sweet, Cindy! I just adore the pink wicker, the high chair, cradle...all of it. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays Cindy! What a great grandma you are! Those grandkids are gonna be so happy with their new space. I know I would be.

    And how sweet for Tina to send you so many wonderful gifts. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEllo Cindy:
    That is VERY sweet of you to create this room for your Grandchildren! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy holidays to your and yours!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy your grandchildren are going to love this room to play in. Oh how I wish I had a space for mine to play. They get pretty bored here sometimes. At least in the Summer and Fall they have the garden to play in.
    I want to wish you a Merry Christmas with your dear family!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is, you are the best grandma!!! You must have had so much fun....what was their reaction?

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute Cindy! A perfect place for the grandchildren. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you have been up to at home Cindy!
    Also woke up this morning and was wondering about you...and then you post.
    Here is to a healthy year to you and all of us!
    That's got to be way fun to have Jared closer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweet Cindy!
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! (belated)
    It's been a super busy fall for me & I've gotten so behind in blogging. But I wanted to check on you & boy I'm glad I did. This room transformation is awesome! Love the combination of family treasures, new things & garage sale finds. Then you transformed them all to make them perfectly 'cindyfied'. Kids of all ages will love this room.
    Lisa
    PS Love Tina's treasures to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy, aren't you supposed to answer questions you receive on these post a comments? I want to know what the G is for on your playroom door and where is the O for Owen?

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete