Monday, June 29, 2009

QUILTS, QUILTS








The first quilt at the top was one that I made for me to hang on my banister. It is the second quilt that I've actually kept (other then my babies quilts)in 38 years. I'm finally doing things to keep. It was my first Jelly Roll quilt.

The second one is made out of dark brown Minky. Don't ya love it? The first time I've ever used that. I found this wonderful material up in Midway. It belongs to my 8th grandchild "Hudson Cole Geilmann".

The next three are the same pattern but different colors and prints. I did a Marathon before Christmas for my three girls. Three more Jelly Rolls. Material girls in South Jordan sure did love me this year.

The last one is my memory quilt of my trips to our orphanage in Cuenca Ecuador. Also made with a Jelly Roll. My new thing.

There are 6 quilts in my sewing room that I'm working on, I'll post them when their done. Did I say "I love quilts"? I would love to get some Vintage material and make an old pattern. I'll add it to the list.

4 comments :

  1. Oh Cindy, that would be so fun if you found some vintage fabric and did a really old fashioned one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look on line for some vintage fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I have always admired people who can quilt. They are such large pieces of art work. love the one with the photos on it.
    Thank you so much for coming by to enter my giveaway!
    ~angela Harris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cindy!!

    Thanks so much for visiting me agian. My Etsy shop is YourAngil.Etsy.com. There is also a link to it on my sidebar with all of the photos to the right:) Hope you can come sho around!
    Sincerely,
    Angela Harris

    ReplyDelete