Tuesday, November 9, 2010

White's in Ephriam


A most spectacular work of Art as you enter the town of Manti Utah. A place where dreams were had and goals were set. A place were life was enriched because of the Majesty of architecture. Peace and happiness were enjoyed over and over as a young girl grew into a young women. One of the few pieces of my life that hasn't changed. I am forever grateful for it's historic elegance and it's life changing message.

You've herd me talk about my grandmother Allred allot, but, I've never showed you this house before. It's still standing and being lived in today, in Manti. My grandmothers parents (Petersen's) moved there, from Denmark, somewhere in 1895.

Grandma was raised here. I have no memory of ever seeing it. Boy, I sure would love to own it now.


My darling daughter JoDell and her daughters Kacie Joe and Mia. They had so much fun visiting the cemetery.
I saw this beautiful lace baby dress in an antique store. I wanted it for my grandma room but there wasn't a price on it and the owner couldn't be located. Oh well, I took a picture.

I am joining White Wednesday, I hope you will too.

12 comments :

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog...I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manti has a special meaning now to our family..our son married his sweatheart in the Manti Temple. You took a beautiful photo of it and it has brought back wonderful memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's my temple...sweet about your grandma's house and the little dress is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely home and area! Your photos are beautiful. I adore that little white lace dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet story! And a lovely home!
    Theresa
    aka:TOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love history-especially one's on family-maybe someday you could own the house-a friend of mine just bought back her grandmother's house as a second home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What special memories for you... and such a lovely home!!! Happy White Wednesday.... blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress is adorable! Such a shame it wasn't marked, I wonder how many sales they lose like that:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress. And the house. Isn't it interesting how much our hearts turn to our ancestors? I have such a connection to the past. I wish you could own that home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Manti is such a cool little town. Darling little dress. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciated this blog. It meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindy,
    I think your three girls are beautiful sweetie. I think you must have had a wonderful time with your daughter and grands. Your old family home is so beautiful to this day. I love the Manti temple. Such a gorgeous sight.
    You asked how I am able to make a wreath from the dried peonies? and why they don't shatter? They do, you can't believe how many I destroyed just trying to get this one wreath. The key is to dry them at just the right stage and I picked these a little late, so they were more fragile than usual. But no matter when you dry them, they seem to shatter easily.
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete