Thursday, November 11, 2010

A WHITE DAY


A wonderful day dressed in pure white. My darling granddaughter - so willing to share her love - full of kindness and patience. Today is her special day. A day that she has chosen to be babtized into the church. She will take upon her a gift that will guide her and comfort her for the rest of her life. I was so honored that she ask me to speek on Babtisim.

I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of her in her beautiful dress before she was babtized. We had a soup luncheon after the meeting. This is the back of her dress. Her hair is wet and she has a darling white crocheted hat her great grandmother made her.

This is the front of her dress. She received several necklaces as gifts.

From the waist down and around the dress.

The front, sleeves and waist.

A hand crocheted hat made by great grandmother.

A personally designed and crocheted draw string purse. We all were crazy over it.
Grandma Great had put some special little treasures in the purse.

I think this is a day that she will always remember.

3 comments :

  1. I love it! Now that my own daughter is getting older, I realize that it's not really over, because before I know it, I'll be the grandma! What a wonderful "do-over"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day and her dress is the prettiest thing ever..love the hat and purse too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved a White Day" Her dress was beautiful; and, of course, the hat and purse were especially darling. What a talented great grandmother she has (ha ha)

    ReplyDelete