Monday, September 9, 2013

THE LAST DAY BEFORE SURGERY

 
 
Well, it's been 5 years since my left knee went bad.  I was hit by a car at 14 years of age, fell on both knees and tore them up.  Then numerous falls and bangs, so many, I can't count them.  3 years ago I fell down 3 steps onto cement, on my left knee.  Since then it's been terrible.
 
2 years later it was so bad that I finally decided to see a surgeon.
 
1 year later I began planning for a knee replacement.  I should have had it done then, but, I wanted to be with the grand kids in the swimming pool.  I thought that would help me too!
 
I did, it was a great summer, painful-but great.  We had 21 swim/picnic days and I also got my blog up and running again.  Thank you Carly!
 
So --- today I've treated myself to an amazing house cleaner lady. It's the last thing on my list except for: having my eyebrows waxed, doing my nails and shaving my legs.
 
I look pretty calm in this picture - but I'm not. I'm a nervous wreck.
 
 

6 comments :

  1. Hi darling girl!!! I will be praying for you and wishing the very best outcome my dear Cindy!
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am always scared of having surgery too. I'm sure that John gave you a blessing, so you will be well looked after. What a beautiful photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my sweet friend Cindy,
    You will be in my prayers. Please take care and let us know how it all went as soon as you can...Pleas don't rush it, I know healing takes time so take all the time you need. Lots of love and hugs your way.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful my dear, you are in my thoughts.

    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking in Cindy to see how you are doing. I hope all is going well my dear. I've been praying for you.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Cindy, I understand your worries and fears. I hope you're doing well. My wife's in hospital now. I'm so nervous, you know. I think that God is unfair to two people I love.
    Praying for you and Betty,
    Oscar - http://www.essaykings.me/ page

    ReplyDelete